Baby dies after choking on food at nursery

Baby dies after choking on food at nursery

A 10-month-old baby has died after choking on food at a nursery in Corstorphine.

The child was rushed to the Sick Kids Hospital on Tuesday from the Bright Horizons Nursery in the David Lloyd Club at the Gyle.

The baby boy died in hospital on Wednesday.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “Police in Edinburgh were contacted after a 10-month-old boy took unwell within a private nursery in the Corstorphine area of the city on Tuesday 9 July.

“The child was taken to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children where he sadly passed away on Wednesday 10 July.

“The death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious, and a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.”

Share This Post

Post Comment