A three-year-old girl has suffered serious burns to her feet after standing on a discarded fire on a beach.
The toddler was with her mum at a Granton beach earlier today when the incident occurred.
After arriving at the beach, the youngster had gone to take a seat on a large log before screaming after standing on an area that had been used for a fire.
The girls mum said “Anyone that goes to a beach for a barbecue or fire please make sure you put it out fully.
“Today at Granton beach I went along with my daughter as the sunwas out so we got to the beach looking for somewhere to sit.
“We seen a big log and went over to sit and boom the next thing she was screaming as she has walking in to were someone had a fire or BBQ.
“I think it had been there overnight.
“My daughter now can’t walk not sure for how long I have never see her in so much pain.”
After being treated at the Sick Kids Hospital the girl was released but must return to see specialists in three day’s time.